Tool Maker - East Indianapolis
- Immediate Opportunities - Manufacturing
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Model Maker - East Indy
EmployIndy has partnered with the largest medical device outsource (MDO) manufacturer in the world serving the cardiac, neuromodulation, orthopedics, vascular, advanced surgical and power solution markets. The company provides innovative, high quality medical technologies that enhance the lives of patients worldwide. In addition, it develops batteries for high-end niche applications in energy, military, and environmental markets.
Model Makers set up and operate machines, such as lathes, milling machines, bandsaw, and drill press to make working models of metal or plastic objects.
• Sets up and operates machines, such as lathes, mills, drill presses, or band saws, to fabricate prototypes or models.
• Determines fixtures, machines, tooling, and sequence of operations to fabricate parts, dies, and tooling, according to drawings and sketches
• Drills, countersinks, and ream holes in parts and assemblies for bolts, screw, and other fasteners, using power tools
• Must do a layout and marks reference points and dimension on materials, using measuring instruments and drawing or scribing tools
• Cuts, shapes, and forms metal parts, using lathe, power saw, snips, power brakes and shear files, and mallets.
• Grinds, files, and sands parts to finished dimension.
• Fabricates metal or plastic parts, using hand tool.
• Aligns, fits, and joins parts, using bolts or screws or by welding or gluing
• Assembles mechanical, electrical and electronic components into models or prototypes, using hand tools, power tools, and fabricating machines
• Wires and solders electrical and electronic connections and components
• Reworks or alters component model or parts as required to ensure performance of equipment or that the parts meet standards
• Inspects and tests model or other product to verify conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments or circuit testers.
• Devises and constructs own tools, dies, molds, jigs, and fixtures, or modifies existing tools and equipment.
• Makes bridges, plates, wheels, cutting teeth on wheels and pinions, and threaded screws.
• Consults and confers with engineering personnel to discuss developmental problems and recommend modifications to correct or improve performance of product
• Records specifications, production operations, and final dimensions of model for use in establishing operating standards and machinery procedures
• Responsible for prototype fabrication to support product development
• Other duties as assigned by the manager
Environmental Working Conditions:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Employee must comply with all safety policies and safe work procedures established by the company. Job tasks may also involve:
• Using personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, goggles, gloves, and other equipment as established in company policies and safe work procedures
• Working with cutting & machining fluids, solvents, lubricants and other hazardous chemicals using appropriate safety controls
• Lifting up to 50 pounds
• Frequent carrying, bending, standing, sitting, and repetitive motion
• Employee will be expected to attend safety training, serve on the facility safety committee and participate in hazard analysis and resolution
• Minimum 4+ year's tool making experience preferably in jig and fixture fabrication required
• Must be able to operate, set-up and maintain most of the following equipment CNC controls, lathe, surface grinder, cut-off saw, inspection devices and related equipment
• Must be able interpret most technical drawings, blueprints, geometric tolerance, specification and illustrations
• Must be an organized self-starter, work with minimum supervision and communicate wil.
• Must be able to use a systematic approach to solving problems by researching and evaluating alternative solutions.
• Must be able to communicate well verbally and in writhing and work well in a team environment
• Must be able to respond to changing priorities with minimum disruption
• Maintain organization to ISO operation procedures
• Complete all job specific required training
• Perform duties to achieve overall business unit metrics
• Comply with all safety regulations, wears appropriate safety equipment as required in each area of the facility
1st shift 7:00am - 3:30pm
Full package of benefits
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts