Sanitation Technician - Heartland Sweeteners
- Immediate Opportunities - Manufacturing
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
EmployIndy has partnered with a food products group that is a global leader in the production of liquid beverage enhancers as well as zero calorie sweetener products for the retail market. This company produces and markets offerings in a wide variety of versions, flavors, and packaging formats.
First, Second, and Third Shifts Available
- Promotes safety and conducts him/herself in accordance with all safety guidelines at all times.
- Cleans departmental equipment during change overs to prevent product cross contamination.
- Collects swabs from production equipment to ensure it has been cleaned to specifications.
- Service, clean, or supply restrooms and gather/empty trash.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, or mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, or squeegees.
- Must be able to physically perform the functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have ability to understand oral and written instructions in English.
- Must work well in a team environment and have strong communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work extended hours while standing.
- Must have good job performance and attendance records.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts