Analytical Chemist - NW Indy
- Immediate Opportunities - Life Sciences
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Analytical Chemist – NW Indy
EmployIndy has partnered with a privately owned pharmaceutical company located on the NW side of Indianapolis. Our employer partner specializes in rare disease and orphan drugs with an emphasis on complex liposomal and PEGylated formulations and currently seeking an Analytical Biochemist.
This is a professional technical position that will be responsible for method development, validation, and transfer of testing of finish products, in-process samples, raw materials samples.
Major Position Activities & Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute protocols for method transfers, method validations, and
special studies as directed by management.
• Review and approval of analytical test data
• Communication of analytical operational issues to affected departments or as directed by
• Represent the Analytical Technical Services in a technical expert capacity on special studies and validations when required
• As a part of the employee's job requirements, the employee may be required to handle wastes including hazardous wastes. And, the employee must attend mandatory annual hazardous waste training meeting(s) and show a competency in that training by passing test(s) administered by the company or consultant providing such training.
• Support manufacturing process control & process improvement projects
• This position has no direct reports.
• Analytical method development, validation and transfer
• Write protocols, methods and reports
• Communication with manufacturing, facilities, and external department staff on analytical operational issues
• BS in chemistry or related discipline with a minimum of seven years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Demonstrated ability to perform analytical testing using the majority of the analytical equipment used in the analytical laboratory including HPLC, GC, TLC, UV/VIS Spectroscopy, FTIR Spectroscopy, Particle Size, Electrophoresis.
• Must have solid cGMP expertise in testing/manufacturing environments.
• Familiarity with Analytical validations, method transfers, cleaning validations, and scientific research.
• Experience in analytical testing and research on products related to pegylated enzymes and liposomal products preferred.
• Ability to communicate at all levels in a pharmaceutical organization. Good interpersonal skills are a must.
• Ability to perform functions as itemized in physical and environmental requirements of the job, which will include travel to vendors or contract laboratories as required.
******This is a contract position for up to 12 months. 8 paid holidays and accrued PTO*****