Certified Medical Assistant - Indianapolis
- Immediate Opportunities - Healthcare
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Certified Medical Assistant
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
What You Will Do As a Certified Medical Assistant? You will have the opportunity to assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
• Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
• Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
• Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing. • Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
• May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications. What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
• BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Or Certification specializing in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Medical Assistant specializing in Registered obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified Medical Assistant obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
Education: • High school diploma or GED required