CMA - Indianapolis
- Immediate Opportunities - Healthcare
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
CMA – Indianapolis
Jane Pauley is a Multifunctional Non-for-profit Healthcare organization, specializing in providing stable consistent healthcare to all individuals in need regardless of income or insurance status. We are an ever-growing innovative organization with 20+ facilities in 5 counties spanning across the greater Indiana area. We do what we do simply because well, we care for our communities.
The Medical Assistant will room patients, obtain vitals, perform EKG's, triage, coordinate referrals, administer injections, assist the Physician or Advanced Practice Provider with minor procedures and other duties as assigned.
Summary of Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
• Properly prepares exam rooms for patient care by ensuring the room is properly stocked and cleaned.
• Triages patient phone calls, reviews patient test results, handle pharmacy calls, and reviews patient medications.
• Rooms patients, checks vital signs, and assesses patient needs to communicate with provider.
• Assists provider with patient procedures as directed by the provider.
• Communicates effectively both written and orally with patients, patients' families, coworkers, and other outside entities.
• Completes routine forms for patients as appropriate.
• Ensures chart documentation in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) is correctly completed in timely manner.
• Performs point-of-care lab tests as directed by provider, prepares specimens, operates and calibrates laboratory equipment, and maintains laboratory documentation in accordance with CLIA standards and practice specific protocols.
• Medical Assistant Certification (CMA) or Registration (RMA)
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support Provider (BLS)
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Required graduate from accredited ABHES or CAAHEP Medical Assistant program
• Computer literate
• vaccines for Children (VFC) Program
• Knowledge of OSHA, CLIA, and ADA.
• Knowledge of standard laboratory and medical procedures.
• Requires basic math and accurate data collection and entry skills.
• 3 years of experience in an ambulatory care setting (preferred)
Benefits package includes: medical ($0 copay $0 deductibles $0 coinsurance $0 prescriptions for every employee); dental; vision; life; voluntary life; long-term disability; short-term disability; flexible spending accounts; paid time off; 401(k) retirement plan; EAP, maternity leave, and much more! Come join an organization that cares.