Material Coordinator / Driver - East Indy
- Immediate Opportunities - Life Sciences
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full package of benefits
Material Coordinator / Driver – Viant Medical
EmployIndy has partnered with the largest medical device outsource (MDO) manufacturer in the world serving the cardiac, neuromodulation, orthopedics, vascular, advanced surgical and power solution markets. The company provides innovative, high quality medical technologies that enhance the lives of patients worldwide. In addition, it develops batteries for high-end niche applications in energy, military, and environmental markets.
Job Description: The primary purpose of this job is to coordinate the delivery of good, inventory verifications to ensure timely receipt of required material and efficient delivery of finished prodect. Performs clerical and physical tasks for shipment and / or receipt of goods.
- Adheres to Viant Medical's Core Values and all safety and quality requirements.
- Prepares shipments and completes paperwork for outbound freight.
- Runs Kanban Delivery Routes, which include: Pick-up, Pick/Pull process, Delivery of goods,transactions and restocking of containers.
- Audits Kanban system throughout the facility, on a regular basis, and issue corrective actions to the system.
- Routes incoming material to proper departments.
- Organizes and maintains direct materials and/or other components stock. Maintains chemical storage facility.
- Assists Operations planning by monitoring and verifying inventory levels and lot sequences and/or heat numbers.
- Provides customer service in manning of stockroom counter, processing and distributing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Packages finished good materials and generate shipping orders to ensure delivery to customer.
- Orders product directly from the supplier to ensure material is received within the required timeframe to meet schedules.
- Loads and Unloads trucks for incoming and outgoing material.
- Schedules trucks for delivery of product to customers.
- Compiles and maintains computerized records such as material inventory
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 5 – 7 years experience
Hours: 11:30am -8:00pm
$14.00 - $16.00 / hr depending on experience