Electrical Apprentice - East Indy
- Immediate Opportunities - Construction/Trades
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Electrician Apprenticeship – East Indy
EmployIndy has partnered with Edwards Electrical & Mechanical Inc. and currently seeking candidates to fill several Electrician Apprenticeship positions. Come join a great team that was recently recognized by Indy Star as being one of Indianapolis Top Places to Work (2018).
Summary: Assists Electrical Leadman or Journeyman by installing and repairing electrical fixtures, and equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Gathers tools and supplies to be used at work site.
- Repairs and maintains electrical wiring and equipment in commercial and industrial properties in compliance with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Must have color vision as electricians work with colored wiring and must be able to identify them using sight.
- Must be able to trouble shoot, help find root cause of issues, and think logically about solutions.
- Must have the ability to learn to understand blueprints and schematics and use an array of tools and diagnostic devices to service and install electrical parts.
- Observes jobsite and reports any unsafe working condition.
- Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Should be motivated to learn the electrical trade.
- Move and/or carry materials as instructed by supervision.
- Performs other routine duties.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide two digit numbers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Candidates with at least one year completed in an Apprentice Program preferred
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts