Associate HR Generalist - North Indy
- - Immediate Opportunities
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Human Resources
- Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision plans)
Associate HR Generalist – North Indy
EmployIndy has partnered with a private originator of student loans. This company is proud to help Americans aspiring to create the life they want. Our colleagues across departments and across the country are united in our passion and our customer-first approach. Whether you want to join a growing company, be part of an agile workforce, or gain new skills'you're in the right place.
This position contributes to a business area's performance by performing assigned HR responsibilities in a multitude of areas, with primary focus on employee relations through partnering with managers to address and resolve employee situations and conflicts.
Additionally, this person will actively drive programs and processes and contribute significantly to our business objectives. The Associate HR Generalist will also have responsibility for supporting other initiatives in the HR space, both within the HR Business Partner function as well as more broadly throughout the company
Employee Relations Resolution - 50%
- Provides guidance to management staff relative to employee relations issues, needed progressive disciplinary action, and terminations of employment.
- Provides guidance and mediation to employees and managers in the resolution of work-related issues or application of company policy.
- Support management at employee meetings as needed, including performance, attendance and conduct terminations;
- iv. Conducts investigations as assigned and in a timely and thorough manner, on a myriad of employment related issues to minimize legal and third-party exposure while maximizing positive resolution.
- Prepares effective documentation and makes recommendations for disciplinary actions and termination of employment.
- Assist in responding to third-party employment inquiries.
- Support administration of leave of absence, workplace accommodations and workers' compensation claims in conjunction with third-party vendor.
- Assist Talent Acquisition in review of pre-employment background reports to determine suitability for employment.
Employee Relations Proactive Measures - 30%
- Proactively identify and analyze data to identify HR trends and patterns that will assist leadership with creating and maintaining a unique and compelling culture. Develop action plans and recommend interventions to effectively address issues, where appropriate.
- Monitors and provides input into the implementation of personnel policies and procedures to ensure consistency and equitable application in accordance with company policies and federal and state laws.
- Create and facilitate formal and informal training on employee relations matters such as performance counseling, employment law, etc.
- Completes research and statistical information to prepare and analyze the information for use in implementation of new processes and HR initiatives.
- Assist in implementation of a variety of HR programs including performance management, compensation and development programs.
- Assist with the development of written materials for the purposes of documenting activities, programs, process or employment related communications.
Projects, Analysis and HR Support - 20%
- Executing tasks and initiatives aligned with the HR strategy and operations within a business area.
- Assists with new employee orientation and assist employees in completion of new hire paperwork.
- Supports the Business Partners by preparing materials related to HR initiatives and consulting tools.
- Perform assigned administrative functions within designated area of business, assist in gathering information for various audit requests.
- Participate in projects within the client groups, HR function and the corporate level as assigned and desired.
- Identify and undertake opportunities to expand learning and HR competencies.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Human Resources or related field.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the Human Resources Field
- 2 years of experience handling employee relations matters in an HR function independently
- In-depth working knowledge of Federal and State labor legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resource procedures
- Proven ability to participate with and influence key team members
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Proven ability to support human resource strategies and plans in support of the business goals
- Ability to establish trust with business partners and HR team
- Excellent listening skills and demonstrated ability to use questions to probe for information in a respectful manner
- Working knowledge of all employment laws, including: Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Americans with Disabilities Act and FMLA
Other helpful experience:
- SHRM-CP/SCP Certification
- HRIS experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to participate with and influence key team members
- Assisting with evaluating the impact of people actions on the business
- Generates creative and innovative solutions to problems
- Demonstrates a bias for action and results
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects
- Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new techniques, methods, and procedures
- Uses data to identify people trends, patterns, opportunities and problems that have an impact on the business
- Possesses the ability to assist HR Business Partner Organization to develop initiatives to improve the business
- Ability to manage and facilitate change
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective partnering skills; establish and maintain effective relationships with all department heads
- Ability to develop sound conclusions
- Proficient PC skills in the Microsoft produce line including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Calmly manage multiple conflicting priorities, strong problem-solving capabilities and the desire to work with people in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare clear, complete, accurate and logical written or oral reports using proper sentence construction, grammar and punctuation.
- Flexible and adaptable
What You'll Get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision plans)
- Financial Well-being: 401(k) company match, employee stock purchase plan, and basic life insurance and short-term disability are provided to employees at no cost
- Work/Life Balance: Paid time off, time off to volunteer, and tuition reimbursement. In addition, after 6 months of employment, primary caregivers receive 12 weeks of 100% fully paid time off and secondary caregivers are eligible for 4 weeks of 100% fully paid time off, for birth or adoption
- Wellness: Fitness centers/gym subsidies, free Fitbits with step challenges, and wellness education
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts