Student Success Coach for IUPUI
- EmployIndy - Postsecondary
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full Benefits
The Student Success Coach – IUPUI will be primarily responsible for supporting Marion County Indiana students to success at IUPUI. The Coach will take a proactive approach to actively intervene with students in real time for the challenges they face as students. The Coach will develop expertise with IUPUI and will coordinate with Indy Achieves liaisons in the relevant campus offices. Coach will use initiative and persistence to deploy the latest research and technology to improve completion rates for students. The position is on the Postsecondary team and will be located at EmployIndy and IUPUI. This position includes co-employment at IUPUI and arranged by EmployIndy as part of accepting the position.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Individualized Coaching and Educational Services Advising
- Work with identified Indy Achieves cohort to provide coaching, including assistance in academic support, basic needs, social- emotional support, and career development
- Create opportunities for community building amongst students in the cohort
- Advise and provide proper referrals for financial aid including providing resources for additional funding and FAFSA completion.
- Collaborate with Associate Director, Student Success to refer students for career-readiness advising, including connecting the student to the IUPUI Career Services and EmployIndy
- Develop college success skills within students, including study skills, time-management, and goal-setting
- Utilize data systems at IUPUI and EmployIndy to prioritize certain students for interventions around success factors
- Monitor academic progress and utilize learning and strengths assessments to develop individual success plans
- Utilize a variety of media to engage students including Zoom and text message platforms
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of services provided
- Understand and refer students to services available at IUPUI
- Social, Cultural, and Social Coordination
- Participate in Summer Bridge/New Student Orientation component as an instructor
- Identify and/or develop social and leadership opportunities for participants on campus and in the community
- Identify and coordinate local service opportunities for participants
- Organize activities that cultivate a post-graduate culture, including visits to workplaces and professional development experiences
- Create and/or collaborate to provide student success workshops, including but not limited to, the areas of financial literacy, skills building, and career preparation
- Assist in the evaluation and documentation of program components
- Assist in the marketing of program via new student orientation, faculty/staff engagement, and campus events
- Adhere to Indy Achieves policies and procedures and contribute to updating those policies and procedures regularly
- Participate in professional growth activities to remain informed with current retention and success best practices, theories, and technologies
- Manage change: Must be innovative, display initiative, be willing to take risks, and remain flexible and adaptable in response to a changing work and regulatory environment.
- Plan and organize work: Must be able to plan and organize his/her/their work and the work of others. This involves the ability to analyze problems using data, reach decisions, make and implement plans.
- Interface effectively with others: (Interpersonal Skills) Must be able to work effectively with others. This involves oral communications, professional relationship building and team work.
- Achieve results: Must be results oriented and able to achieve goals. This involves a motivation to achieve, an awareness of the business of EmployIndy/Indy Achieves, a willingness to learn, and a strong customer focus.
- Leadership: Must be able to assist other team members in the fulfillment of their duties and look to fill gaps in the work without direction from superior. This involves the exercise of developed knowledge, ability to motivate others, set goals and monitor results.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Required experience working with students in an education, support service, or related field
- Preferred training experience in academic advising, financial aid/literacy, and career advising
- Minimum of two years of experience working with youth or adults, specifically those who are low-income, first generation, or from diverse communities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in post-secondary education and knowledge of issues affecting their college retention and success
- Knowledge of academic support services, financial aid/literacy, and career assessment techniques
- Ability to problem solve
- Familiarity with social and emotional student development activities
- Ability to manage a high caseload of students and prioritize engagement appropriately
- High initiative, creative and ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Evidence of computer literacy
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and organizational skills required
Knowledge of IUPUI and Ivy Tech:
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel for training and meetings
Additionally, please be on the lookout or an email to complete a Predictive Index Assessment. Be sure to look in both your Inbox and Spam folder and complete as soon as possible. Please confirm upon completion. It is important the hiring manager have to review prior to your initial phone screen/interview. This tool is used to gain insight of your innate/preferred working style.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts