EmployIndy Financial Analyst
- - EmployIndy
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full Benefits
EmployIndy guides the local workforce ecosystem and makes strategic investments to remove barriers to quality employment for underserved and underrepresented residents. The vision for EmployIndy is clear: for all Marion County residents to have access to services and training necessary to secure a livable wage and grow in a career that meets employer demand for talent.
This position is an accounting support role to EmployIndy as part of the Finance and Administration Team. Primary customers are other team members at EmployIndy and service providers. Incumbent performs grant/fund accounting including budgeting, conducting monthly closings, periodic financial reporting, and assisting with annual closeout. The Financial Analyst provides other accounting services such as cash management, budgeting, cost allocation, and financial trends and forecasting. This position reports directly to the Finance Manager.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
o Prepare monthly indirect cost allocation journal entries and input into accounting system
o Monitor and reconcile monthly administrative and training pool costs as defined in the organization's Cost Allocation Plan
o Prepare monthly payroll, voucher, and general accrual journal entries and input into accounting system
o Monitor and reconcile monthly indirect costs as defined in the organization's cost allocation plan
o Prepare in-house revenue and expense reports, verify accuracy, and make necessary corrections in preparation for month-end closing and quarterly reporting for federal grants submission
o Provide monthly fiscal reports for Departmental Directors
o Assist with preparing for monitoring site visits and annual audits
o Serve as contact for fiscal billing inquiries from sub-contractors
o Prepare and submit monthly invoices to grantors, fee-for-service contractors, and foundations
o Create and send Accrued Expenditure Reports (AER) to sub-recipients
o Receive, review, and provide initial approval for sub-contract invoices and AER
o Maintain sub-contract obligations for accrual and contract closeouts
o Monitor AER in relation to cash draws and inputs reporting information into the accounting system
General Ledger Services
o General ledger journal entry and creation and input
o Balance liability accounts
o Validate and confirm paid ITA vouchers in ICC
• Manage Change: Must be innovative, display initiative, be willing to take risks, and remain flexible and adaptable in response to a changing work and regulatory environment.
• Plan and organize work: Must be able to plan and organize his/her work and the work of others. This involves the ability to analyze problems, reach decisions, make and implement plans.
• Interface effectively with others: (Interpersonal Skills) Must be able to work effectively with others. This involves oral communications, professional relationship building and team work.
• Achieve Results: Must be results oriented and able to achieve goals. This involves a motivation to achieve, an awareness of the business of EmployIndy, a willingness to learn, and a strong customer focus.
• Leadership: Must be able to assist other team members in the fulfillment of their duties. This involves the exercise of developed knowledge, ability to motivate others, set goals and monitor results.
Education and Experience
• Prefer an Associate's Degree in Accounting or higher from an accredited college or university with two years of direct accounting experience. Will consider an otherwise qualified candidate with a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of related accounting experience.
• Ability to handle confidential financial information with discretion required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of fund accounting related to federal grants and contracts.
• Knowledge of publically funded workforce programs, Uniform Grant Guidance, and IDWD Directives, particularly those dealing with cost allocation, indirect costs, cost classification, and procurement, GAAP, and Internal Revenue Circulars.
• Knowledge and experience with Blackbaud Accounting software preferred.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, and establish facts.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or member of the business community.
• Ability to effectively interpret and communicate information to administration, staff, and/or leadership team.
• Moderate to high skill level in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
• Ability to analyze data and reach sound conclusions, work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
• Philosophical agreement with the goals and objectives of EmployIndy.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts