EmployIndy HR Generalist
- - EmployIndy
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full Benefits
EmployIndy guides the local workforce ecosystem and makes strategic investments to remove barriers to quality employment for underserved and underrepresented residents. The vision for EmployIndy is clear: for all Marion County residents to have access to services and training necessary to secure a livable wage and grow in a career that meets employer demand for talent.
The HR Generalist is to serve in a human resources role to EmployIndy as part of the Finance and Administration Team. Primary customers are other team members at EmployIndy and service providers. Incumbent will assist with administration of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements. The HR Generalist reports directly to the Fiscal Administrative Officer.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
o Coordinate hiring process, including but not limited to conducting background and reference checks, negotiating salary offers, and issuing job confirmation letters and other internal communications
o Coordinate and/or conduct employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, and employee recognition programs
o Conduct exit interviews with employees and communicate findings to management
o Coordinate performance management system, Threads, and handle job description updates and changes
o Respond to inquiries regarding the organization's processes, policies, procedures, and programs
o Conduct ongoing information and training sessions to develop employees and provide support and problem resolution
o Coordinate distribution/communication of projects including but not limited to Employee Policy handbook, 401(k) open enrollment, and employee recognition
o Identify potential employee-relations issues and make recommendations to management
o Conduct investigations into claims of harassment or other company-guideline violations
o Coordinate administration of workers' compensation and unemployment claims
o Assist in administration of company compensation and benefits programs
o Process bi-weekly payroll in payroll software
o Maintain records of employee information such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, and termination date and reason
o Coordinate and conduct new employee orientation
o Compile data from personnel records and prepares reports
o Serve as point of contact for employee benefit and payroll questions
o Submit enrollment forms to insurance company
o Serve as liaison with benefit providers
• Manage Change: Must be innovative, display initiative, be willing to take risks, and remain flexible and adaptable in response to a changing work and regulatory environment.
• Plan and organize work: Must be able to plan and organize his/her work and the work of others. This involves the ability to analyze problems, reach decisions, make and implement plans.
• Interface effectively with others: (Interpersonal Skills) Must be able to work effectively with others. This involves oral communications, professional relationship building and team work.
• Achieve Results: Must be results oriented and able to achieve goals. This involves a motivation to achieve, an awareness of the business of EmployIndy, a willingness to learn, and a strong customer focus.
• Leadership: Must be able to assist other team members in the fulfillment of their duties. This involves the exercise of developed knowledge, ability to motivate others, set goals and monitor results.
Education and Experience
• Prefer a Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university with two to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations
• Ability to handle confidential personnel information with discretion
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or member of the business community.
• Ability to effectively interpret and communicate information to administration, staff, and/or leadership team.
• Knowledge and experience with payroll software preferred.
• Moderate to high skill level in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to analyze data, work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
• Philosophical agreement with the goals and objectives of EmployIndy.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts