Head Cook - NW Indy
- Immediate Opportunities - Customer Service/Hospitality
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Head Cook - Little Sisters of the Poor
EmployIndy has partnered with The Little Sisters of the Poor. It's an international congregation of Roman Catholic women religious founded in 1839 by Saint Jeanne Jugan. Together with a diverse network of collaborators, we serve the elderly poor in over 30 countries around the world and currently seeking candidates for a Head Cook, Evening Shift.
This individual will be responsible for the overall storage, preparation, cooking and serving of food for Residents according to menus and specific modified diets; and for a clean sanitary kitchen and equipment during their assigned shift. These services must be consistent with the Home's standards and philosophy and in compliance with all regulations, codes, policies and procedures that govern the facility.
1. Must be comfortable with the elderly and disabled.
2. Must be able to work cooperatively for the best interests of Residents and the facility.
3. Must be adaptable to changing work schedules and enjoy a non-routine job.
4. Must be able to follow written and verbal directions and work independently.
5. Must have good reading and math skills.
6. Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
7. Must understand modified diets and their expected therapeutic value.
8. Must be able to motivate and influence others.
9. Must cultivate empathy, self-awareness and acceptance of individual differences.
10. *Must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner any job he/she, and is expected to assist in supervising the evening dietary staff.
11. Must be basically honest in working relationships.
12. Must have empathy to feel as an employee but without losing one's own identity or sense of supervisory responsibility.
13. Must be able to control his/her own emotional reactions and not to project them into supervisory decisions and actions.
14. Must be able to adjust to the unpleasant, but necessary, realities of life and work situations and have the ability to think logically.
15. Must have a positive and constructive outlook on life and work and not evade realities or responsibilities.
16. Must have a wholesome and inspired approach to his/her duties and earn the respect and confidence of subordinates.
17. Must demonstrate the ability to supervise and make independent decisions and assume responsibility.
- Must be a High School graduate or the equivalent with professional food preparation training or minimum of 4 years verifiable experience in quantity food production or hotel/restaurant cooking.
- Every other Saturday is required and every other holiday
- Hours: 12:00pm – 8:30pm (30 min lunch)