Sr Director of Finance and Business Operations - NW Indy
- Immediate Opportunities - Life Sciences
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Sr Director Finance & Business Ops – NW Indy
EmployIndy has partnered with a privately owned pharmaceutical company located on the NW side of Indianapolis. Our employer partner specializes in rare disease and orphan drugs with an emphasis on complex liposomal and PEGylated formulations and currently seeking a Sr Director Finance and Business Operations.
The employee is the administrative leader for Finance, Supply Chain, Project Management and IT activities at Exelead. The position ensures that the assets of the business are protected through compliance with Corporate Standards and the local establishment of a sound system of accounting and operational controls. The position responsibilities include providing timely and accurate financial accounting and reporting to promote efficient operational management and conservation of the Company's resources. The position will coordinate with the Corporate financial group to design and administer the general and cost accounting systems of the Corporation in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). The position will coordinate with the Corporate financial group to assure compliance with all applicable International, State and Federal laws and regulations, thus ensuring the plant financial statements and general ledger accurately represent the current financial condition and results of operations of the Company.
The employee will be the primary financial resource for the Exelead BoD, and the Italian Corporate functions. The position holder may be required to have a seat on the Exelead BoD.
Major Position Activities & Responsibilities:
- Assists the CEO in areas of business planning, strategic development and execution of key operating initiatives and objectives.
- Coordinates between Plant Management and Corporate Finance Function on all financial issues impacting the plant, including but not limited to assessing and explaining long and short-term implications of organizational alternatives and decisions impacting facility and productive capacities
- Prepares reports at the corporate level which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Leads monthly financial reviews with the BoD and Interacts with parent company to ensure consolidation and Italian reporting requirements are met.
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Proactively provides CMO/CDMO benchmark pricing data to ensure Exelead is providing an appropriate profit level for the services it provides.
- Actively participate in review or new business proposals and supply agreements for financial costing.
- Provide oversight for all plant accounting processes, including allocations and designation of all overhead costs to ensure accuracy and timeliness of the results. Oversee cost accounting for plant, including overhead rate analysis, material purchase price review and variance analysis.
- Assist in administering an effective business risk management strategy, consistent with Corporate Wide guidelines.
- Assesses and analyzes the financial, administrative and operational implications of proposed actions and decision by individual areas and departments within the plant.
- Proactively searches for revenue enhancements, process improvements, and cost containment opportunities at the site level.
- Directly supervises a minimum of three people.
- Bachelor's degree in finance and/or accounting, preference will be given to candidates who hold an MBA.
- Minimum of ten years previous finance and supervisory experience, including previously holding a position at a Site Leadership level.
- A minimum of Five years of experience in manufacturing finance within a pharmaceutical CDMO/CMO
- SAP or equivalent application experience required and knowledge of ERP software, Accounting software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- A CPA or CMA is preferred
- Must be able to travel 10%
Full package of benefits