Director of Programming - DT Indy
- - Immediate Opportunities
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Head of Programming – DT Indy
EmployIndy has partnered with Indiana Youth Group (IYG) who creates safe spaces, provides wellness programming, and educates LGBTQ youth and the community. We are currently seeking candidates for the Head of Programming.
This person is responsible for designing and implementing the programs and services provided at IYG to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning youth and their families, along with establishing and maintaining positive relationships with schools, social service agencies and the community. This position consists of direct service, budget and grant management, program implementation, and employee management.
- Oversees the planning, coordination, and facilitation of all youth programs for IYG
- Develops program design for specific program-focused grants
- Ensure all areas of responsibility stay within budget compliance
- Complete all necessary steps and meet all deadlines for grants
- Maintain scheduling of staff to necessary levels and communicate the information regularly
- Ensures youth center is maintained, safe, and welcoming by overseeing staff members to coordinate these aspects.
- Trains and supervises program staff.
- Provides outreach and information to other youth professionals about IYG and LGBTQ+ youth and their family issues.
- Provides general educational outreach in the community
- Provides information and referral services to IYG youth in need of resources
- Oversees youth intakes and the staff members who assess youth's needs individually
- Oversees volunteer coordinator
- Facilitates staff departmental meetings
- Develops and strengthens ties with other community social services- Is a member of the site leadership team
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited university in education, social work, psychology, sociology, child development or a related field
- Masters degree preferred
- Three years or more of experience working with adolescents individually or in groups
- Two years or more implementing programs and supervising staff
- Knowledge of local resources for youth and adults
- Cultural competency in regards to the needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth
- Experience with Microsoft Suite including Excel and Word
- Strong skills in planning, delegation, critical thinking and organization
- Experience speaking in public preferred but not required
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts