Dispatch - Indy
- Immediate Opportunities - Customer Service/Hospitality
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Dispatch - Indy
EmployIndy has partnered with the Indianapolis Fire Department. IFD Mission: Protecting lives, property and the environment while serving our community with courage, commitment and compassion.
The purpose of this job description document is to establish a guideline for identifying the duties and responsibilities of an IFD Communications Telecommunicator. The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
• Answer emergency calls in a swift, courteous and respectful manner.
• Answer non-emergency calls in a courteous and respectful manner after emergency calls are cleared.
• Dispatch the appropriate response to all calls for service.
• Handle all radio traffic from units in the field.
• Document all pertinent phone and radio traffic on each incident to provide a written history of that incident.
• Will log hours worked in accordance with City of Indianapolis time keeping procedures.
• Will participate in shift level training as directed by a CTO, Senior or Lead Telecommunicator.
• Maintains regular attendance
• Will be required to work overtime when necessary to maintain minimum staffing or during times when extra staffing is deemed required.
• Will be required to fill on-call shifts.
• Maintain certifications as required by the Indianapolis Fire Department / NFPA / APCO
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of dispatching methods and procedures;
• Emergency medical methods and procedures;
• Knowledge of the National Incident Management System;
• Make effective recommendations and decisions under emergency circumstances;
• of departmental policy and procedures regarding personnel management (disciplinary procedures, employee conduct, complaints, performance, training, etc.
• Radio communication procedures.
• MUST BE A MARION COUNTY Resident.
• MUST BE AVAILABLE to work all 3 shifts without restriction (6a-6p, 6p-6a, 11a-11p)
Education and Certifications
• HS Diploma
• Maintain CPR
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts