EmployIndy Community Liaison Intern for Indy Achieves
- - EmployIndy
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
EmployIndy guides the local workforce ecosystem and makes strategic investments to remove barriers to quality employment for underserved and underrepresented residents. The vision for EmployIndy is clear: for all Marion County residents to have access to services and training necessary to secure a livable wage and grow in a career that meets employer demand for talent.
Indy Achieves, initiated by Mayor Joe Hogsett and housed at EmployIndy, is committed to increasing the proportion of Marion County adults with high-quality postsecondary credentials to 65% by 2027 and eliminating attainment gaps that currently exist for minority residents.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Indy Achieves Community Liaison Intern will assist with supporting all areas of the Indy Achieves program and report to the Associate Director. The internship is located in Indianapolis and is approximately 10 to 20 hours per week with day, evening, and weekend flexible availability required. The Intern must have reliable transportation.
The Indy Achieves Community Liaison will:
• Assist staff with middle school, high school, and community partner outreach and events
• Assist with student enrollment in 21st Century Scholars Program
• Represent Indy Achieves and EmployIndy at events and in meetings with internal and external partners and stakeholders
• Conduct presentations at middle schools, high schools, and community events
• Assist with administrative office work
• Promote Indy Achieves and EmployIndy programs at events
Skills and Competencies
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work independently and with a team
• Research and data driven
• Relationship building
• Positive attitude
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts