Compliance Professional - DT Indy
- Immediate Opportunities - Business/Financial
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Compliance Professional – DT Indy
EmployIndy has partnered with the largest, locally owned national bank in the greater Indianapolis area. Since opening our doors in 1993, we have grown from 18 employees to more than 300 employees. Our strength and success in serving the local markets directly attributable to our talented staff. Our goal is to be the undisputed leader in delivering outstanding banking service in Greater Indianapolis.
With greater than 90% staff retention year after year, and with a highly competitive benefit package, our staff enjoy a sense of stability not always experienced in the general work environment. Benefits include but are not limited to: medical/dental/vision/life insurance, vacation, personal time, holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), profit sharing, and wellness benefits.
Purpose of Position: The incumbent is accountable for assisting with various functions related to reviewing, analyzing and/or developing procedures needed in support of regulatory compliance and/or regulatory reporting, with special focus on Deposit compliance.
- Conducts reviews designed to test compliance with regulations, internal policies, procedures and processes established to limit risk, focusing on consumer protection laws as well as deposit regulations (such as TIS, Funds Availability, Right to Privacy etc.)
- Independently prepares detailed compliance reports which summarize reviews and their findings, and establishes corrective actions as deemed appropriate • Audits the Medallion Stamp Guarantee program for compliance
- Monitors and supports Reg D Violations through daily tracking of savings accounts that have exceeded limits, and generates appropriate notifications to clients and bank officers • Reviews daily reports of telephone transactions for like account ownership
- Maintains detailed information regarding clients living abroad • Monitors and updates Non-Resident Alien information including W-8BEN
- Performs audits of the Wealth Management vault
- Serves as operational contact for the Bank's Vendor Management system; may interact directly or indirectly with vendors and/or vendor owners to clarify or gather contract information for vendor management functions
- Supports Vendor Management software, utilizing features and functionality to support initiatives in an efficient and effective manner
- Keeps current on legislative and regulatory developments, and reports relevant issues to management, department managers and others as appropriate
- Participates in meetings and task forces to bring compliance perspective to the development of new products and services, and to the modification of existing ones
- Provides critical support for administrative, operational and/or review functions typically performed by others within the Compliance Department, including but not limited to completing weekly software updates, and performing CRA/HMDA loan scrubs
- Bachelors' degree in business or banking, or equivalent work experience; professional certification in regulatory compliance preferred
- Five years of compliance and/or auditing experience OR five years of new account experience in retail banking OR five years of compliance and new account experience combined; candidates with less experience who have relevant compliance certifications will be considered Proven knowledge and understanding of bank compliance laws and regulations
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail • Proven interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), with strong emphasis placed on responsiveness and customer service Demonstrated effectiveness interacting with a variety of individuals (e.g. staff, regulators) in a variety of situations (e.g. training, audit meetings, research projects)
- Proven computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel;
- Ability to effectively multi-task while organizing and prioritizing work
National Bank of Indianapolis