Maintenance Mechanic - NW Indy
- Immediate Opportunities - Life Sciences
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Maintenance Mechanic - Exelead
EmployIndy has partnered with a privately owned pharmaceutical company located on the NW side of Indianapolis. Our employer partner specializes in rare disease and orphan drugs with an emphasis on complex liposomal and PEGylated formulations and currently seeking candidates for a Maintenance Mechanic.
Under general supervision, the mechanic independently overhauls, troubleshoots and repairs machinery, equipment and the facility at large as well as installing new equipment. The Mechanic shall be required to perform work in one or more of the following manufacturing areas: component preparation, compounding, filling, capping, packaging, and machine shop. When working in a production environment, the Mechanic will work with the area Production Supervisor to determine work/repair priorities that may impact their operation.
Major Position Activities & Responsibilities:
- Performs Preventive maintenance on equipment and plant systems.
- Performs setup and installation of equipment and training for production employees on machine operation.
- Diagnoses malfunctions of production equipment and utility systems, and makes necessary repairs.
- Completes work orders as assigned
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- As a part of the employee's job requirements, the employee may be required to handle wastes
- including hazardous wastes. The employee must attend mandatory annual hazardous waste training meeting(s) and show a competency in that training by passing test(s) administered by the company or consultant providing such training.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Trade School or equivalent related training in a trade. Trades include electrical, pipe fitting, machinist, etc.
- Five years work experience in a trade. Prefer industrial experience. Trades include electrical, pipe fitting, machinist, etc.
- Needs to be aseptic gown qualified during employment.
- Needs to pass full face respirator fit testing as part of pre-employment screening.
- Must be able to interpret drawings and schematics.
- Must have good written and verbal skills.
- Must be proficient in maintaining documentation.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts