Business Development Leader - NW Indy
- Immediate Opportunities - Life Sciences
- IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full package of benefits
Business Development Leader - Exelead
EmployIndy has partnered with a privately owned pharmaceutical company located on the NW side of Indianapolis. Our employer partner specializes in rare disease and orphan drugs with an emphasis on complex liposomal and PEGylated formulations and currently seeking candidates for a Business Development Leader.
The employee oversees all commercial, marketing and business development responsibilities at Exelead. This position is responsible for managing and executing the business development objectives for Exelead, ensuring alignment with the overall strategic objectives of the site. These objectives include:
• Develop a comprehensive Business Development plan aligned to the Exelead Long Range Plan.
• Execute the business development plan with the assistance of the Director of Supply Chain and Project Management and the Director of Technical Services.
• Create a comprehensive strategy for sales and marketing activities, and develop an effective marketing and communications campaign
• Analyze existing clients and manage relations to renegotiate favorable contracts
• Develop a strategic decision-making process to enable the site leadership to be informed of ROI, risk, cost / benefit and technical and quality complexities of new BD opportunities.
• Standardize the Exelead business development process. Develop metrics to measure progress and lead site leadership through activities to prioritize pipeline projects.
• Work with the CEO and Sr. Director, Finance and Business Operations to understand and deliver on internal business requirements.
Major Position Activities & Responsibilities:
• Chair the business development meetings, Driving site leadership towards improvement in the value of the pipeline.
• Generate, or oversee all proposals that are given to new and existing clients.
• Work directly with Project Management and Finance so there is clear understanding of the deliverables and milestones associated with proposals.
• Market and sell capacity for all available manufacturing and development capabilities at Exelead, specifically the new fill line with lyophilization capabilities and the bulk aseptic processing suite.
• Develop and implement a standardized version of Exelead contracts for all CDMO and CMO activities that Exelead supports.
• Develop an approved departmental budget.
Manage Exelead external sales and marketing partners. Actively lead and participate in all external trade shows, client visits, and manufacturing performance review and analysis.
Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• 5-10 years of sales, marketing and business development experience of which 3-5 must be pharmaceutical business development for a CMO.
• BS degree in business, engineering, chemistry, operations management or related scientific discipline, Master's degree is preferable.
• Proficient with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills are necessary
• Well-developed presentation skills