Materials Manager - NW Indy
- Immediate Opportunities - Life Sciences
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Materials Manager - Exelead
EmployIndy has partnered with a privately owned pharmaceutical company located on the NW side of Indianapolis. Our employer partner specializes in rare disease and orphan drugs with an emphasis on complex liposomal and PEGylated formulations and currently seeking candidates for a Materials Manager.
This position manages all aspects of the Warehouse including Shipping, Receiving, Materials Handling, Inventory and Sampling while ensuring that all products supplied and all systems within the control of the Warehouse functions are operated within compliance of statutory and regulatory requirements, cGMP and company policy. Develops and executes the Warehouse strategic objectives and to ensure they are in alignment with the overall strategic objectives of Exelead.
Major Position Activities & Responsibilities:
• All aspects of Warehouse and Inventory Management at the plant level
• Maintain all aspects of the warehouse and personnel to ensure compliance of cGMP's and all State/Federal Agencies regulatory requirements.
• Maintain environment of inspection readiness for regulatory agencies and clients including:
a. Developing accurate and up-to-date SOP's
b. No (minimal) Quality Back-log
c. All Deviations are correct and written in a timely manner
d. Employee training is up-to-date
• Responsible for developing and maintaining performance metrics relative to Warehouse operations. Will report trends to senior management monthly with improvement plans/corrective action plans as needed.
• Responsible for annual physical inventory for financial requirements ensuring timely and accurate reconciliation in SAP System.
• Manages shipments of finished goods, clinical supplies and samples to Distribution sites, clinical testing facilities, customers, patients or contract labs, and be familiar with Inco terms and customs requirements for oversees distribution.
• Modernize warehouse operations to integrate with ERP systems using barcoding etc.
• Provide leadership to foster continuous improvement while actively pursuing cost saving projects that bring financial value to the site. Improvements could include continuous review of transportation costs and warehouse operations and efficiencies.
• As a part of the employee's job requirements, the employee may be required to handle wastes including hazardous wastes. The employee must attend mandatory annual hazardous waste training meeting(s) and show a competency in that training by passing test(s) administered by the company or consultant providing such training.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for logistical support to manufacturing and quality operations.
• Maintaining integrity of the SAP environment and inventory accuracy.
• Responsible for GMP inventory.
• Manages Department of 3-8 team members.
• 10+ years of Warehouse experience in the pharmaceutical industry, of which 5+ years must be department management experience
• BS degree in business, supply chain, logistics, operations management or related discipline
• 4 years or more years of SAP or equivalent system experience
• Proficient with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• APICS or CPIM certification preferred
• Assisted in or managed the implementation of an electronic warehouse management system (WMS).
• Must have proven extensive experience in cGMP compliance
• Excellent organizational, leadership, presentation, interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate data and make decision
• Must be results oriented, meet deadlines, and accept accountability