EmployIndy - Career Services Manager
- - EmployIndy
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full Benefits
EmployIndy (EI) guides the local workforce ecosystem and makes strategic investments to remove barriers to quality employment for underserved and underrepresented residents. The vision for EmployIndy is clear: for all Marion County residents to have access to services and training necessary to secure a livable wage and grow in a career that meets employer demand for talent.
This position supports the Career Services team and the WorkOne Indy (WOI) location in a variety of roles including scheduling and oversight of Staff Enrichment and Staff Team Building events for the WOI team. Manager will oversee smaller grants under Career Services, such as Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), and oversee the embedded locations which includes assisting with assignments, being the EI representative to the site, and monitoring activities for continuous process improvement. Manager will review and interpret all metric and survey data for all activities under Career Services and provide overview and suggestions for improvement. This position will serve as a subject matter expert for many of the required database and assessment software platforms. The Career Services Manager will be located at WOI and report to the Associate Director Career Services.
To be successful in this role you will accomplish the following:
• Contact each assigned grantee monthly and collect reports on a monthly basis to compile into a quarterly report
• Contact each embedded location monthly and collect their concerns, questions, and requests to present to the Career Services team
• Visit each embedded location quarterly when WOI staff are scheduled to be present and collect concerns, questions, or requests from WOI staff to present to the Career Service team
• Proactively plan meaningful and appropriate monthly Staff Enrichment programs and be present to host the event on every third Thursday of the month
• Prepare and run interesting and interactive Team Building events on every fifth Thursday of the month
• Maintain knowledge of hiring employers, staffing agencies, training providers, and community-based organizations (CBOs) that attend Wednesdays @ WorkOne to connect them to other initiatives at EI
• Represent the Career Services team and actively participate in the EI Procedure Committee, the WOI Workshop Committee, and the Learning Management System (LMS) Committee
• Review and provide suggestions for improving weekly/monthly/quarterly metrics and survey results
• Review and update WOI onboarding presentation materials on a monthly basis
• Serve as subject matter expert on WIOA, TABE, WorkKeys, WIN, TORQ, Indiana Career Connect, Indiana Career Explorer, and Indiana Career Ready
Education and Experience
• Minimum of a four-year degree in education/social service/business or eight years of experience in project management
• Required five years of experience in an office setting which required independent work structure, 10 years of experience preferred
• Progressive work history with increasing levels of accomplishment required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Results driven to meet the mission, vision, and goals of EmployIndy
• Knowledge of CRM, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite systems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of data and data system reporting including Excel Pivot Tables
• Ability to manage multiple issues while also maintaining focus on daily duties
• Empowerment: Management and team members trust one another to make the right decisions.
• Integrity: Staff member does what he/she has committed to doing and is true to him/herself when no one is looking.
• Innovation: Each staff member must take an active role in the process of learning, sharing, and building upon personal as well as team members' ideas.
• Customer Service: Staff members are positive, friendly, helpful, and customer-centric during communications with customers.
• Collaboration: A staff member understands that working together is what causes a company and each team to thrive.
• Inclusive: Staff members promotes a safe, welcoming, and equitable environment where fellow team members can contribute one's authentic self.
• Results-driven: Staff member drives organizational impact by taking the initiative to intentionally prioritize tasks, remove barriers, make thoughtful decisions, and produce results.
EmployIndy grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. EmployIndy provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts