EmployIndy - Accounts Receivable Clerk
- EmployIndy - Accounting & Administration
- IN, USA
- Full Time
Accounts Receivable Clerk
EmployIndy guides the local workforce ecosystem and makes strategic investments to remove barriers to quality employment for underserved and underrepresented residents. The vision for EmployIndy is clear: for all Marion County residents to have access to services and training necessary to secure a livable wage and grow in a career that meets employer demand for talent.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk position will be responsible for the development, maintenance, tracking, and monitoring for grants/funders. This position will be responsible for managing files with high level of details to assure technical accuracy and compliance with state, federal, and other grantor requirements. This position will be responsible for all claims and invoicing that adhere to the grant. This position will be located at EmployIndy Downtown Office and report to the Manager, Finance.
To be successful in this role you will accomplish:
Monitoring and reconciling daily cash balances using appropriate banking communications software and prepares daily Cash on Hand Report for review and approval.
Monitoring accrued expenditure reports in relation to cash draws and inputs reporting information into the Accounting System.
Submitting monthly invoices to grantors, fee-for-service contractors, and foundations. Performs collection activities on outstanding account receivables.
Inputting account receivable/revenue journal entries into Accounting System using claim/invoice data.
Inputting cash deposit journal entries into Accounting System using bank deposit and EFT deposit information.
Reconciling balance sheet accounts monthly to tie to trial balance for review
Empowerment: Management and team members trust one another to make the right decisions.
Integrity: Staff member does what he/she has committed to doing and is true to him/herself when no one is looking.
Innovation: Each staff member must take an active role in the process of learning, sharing, and building upon personal as well as team members' ideas.
Customer Service: Staff members are positive, friendly, helpful, and customer-centric during communications with customers.
Collaboration: A staff member understands that working together is what causes a company and each team to thrive.
Inclusive: Staff members promotes a safe, welcoming, and equitable environment where fellow team members can contribute one's authentic self.
Results-driven: Staff member drives organizational impact by taking the initiative to intentionally prioritize tasks, remove barriers, make thoughtful decisions, and produce results.
Manage change: Be innovative, display initiative, be willing to take risks, and remain flexible and adaptable in response to a changing work and regulatory environment.
Plan and organize work: Be able to plan and organize his/her work and the work of others. This involves the ability to analyze problems, reach decisions, make, and implement plans.
Interface effectively with others: (Interpersonal Skills) Be able to work effectively with others. This involves oral communications, professional relationship building and teamwork.
Achieve results: Be results oriented and able to achieve goals. This involves a motivation to achieve, an awareness of the business of EmployIndy, a willingness to learn, and a strong customer focus.
Education and Experience
One to two years of business management, accounting, and/or administration related experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Results driven to meet the mission, vision, and goals of EmployIndy
Knowledge of CRM, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite systems
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge and experience with Blackbaud Accounting software preferred
Ability to analyze data and reach sound conclusions, work under time pressure, and meet deadlines
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Knowledge of fund accounting, Uniform Grant Guidance, GAAP and Internal Revenue Circulars preferred
EmployIndy grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. EmployIndy provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
Responsible for processing and summarizing company's incoming cash transactions systematically.
• Bachelor's degree in business or accounting preferred or an Associate degree with 3 to 5 years of experience working within a general office environment; within an Accounts Receivable environment preferred;
• One year of eAuto experience highly preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize concurrent tasks with minimal direction
• Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of management, internally and with outside vendors
• Excellent organizational, time-management and customer service skills
• Professional appearance and demonstrates a positive "can do" attitude
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Routinely demonstrates and creates a helpful and positive work culture
• Encourages and builds positive relationships and communicates effectively with all co-workers, outside customers and vendors
• Conducts self at all times as the public image of the company in accordance with IOT's code of conduct
• Processes daily deposits and posts payments to customer accounts; responsible for tracking activity per day (checks, calls, invoices)
• Produces cash transaction posting reports and balances A/R daily
• Creates new customers profiles in eAuto as needed
• Generates and prints daily invoices. Ensures system integrity by balancing and maintaining daily invoice registers.
• Researches account detail to ensure correct status is placed on an account; contacts customers on "COD" or "terminate" status to notify them that service and/or supplies will not be released until account is current
• Obtains and authorizes credit approvals; Input customer comments and actions into eAuto
• Reconciles and post lease cash on a daily basis
• Responsible for monitoring credit holds; reconciles credit card payment activities monthly
• Be prepared to explain activities within major accounts to management as needed; provides support to internal and external auditors
• Actively participates in monthly Collections meetings and works with others in Collections to maximize company results
• Assists with billing needs:
o Credit Memos
o Spreadsheet Billing
o Buyout Requests
• Physical demands: Minimal physical effort required. Work is mostly sedentary; requires sitting, hearing, speaking, finger dexterity, specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to focus on detail and quality; regular application of basic skills (keyboard, eye/hand coordination).
• Mental demands: Problem-solving, teaching, written and verbal communication, information comprehension, and mental acuity.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts