Director, Systems Design and UX - EmployIndy
- EmployIndy - Strategy & Research
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- benefits available through EmployIndy
Director, Systems Design and UX - EmployIndy
EmployIndy guides the local workforce ecosystem and makes strategic investments to remove barriers to quality employment for underserved and underrepresented residents. The vision for EmployIndy is clear: for all Marion County residents to have access to services and training necessary to secure a livable wage and grow in a career that meets employer demand for talent.
The Director of Systems Development and UX interacts with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure front-end interface and system parameters meet the needs of users. The Director also engages with vendors to implement varied changes and upgrades to all EmployIndy system infrastructures and integrations within these systems. The Director also oversees database development as well as project scope and limitations and partners closely with the Research and Strategy division directors to ensure alignment between all three. The position will be located at EmployIndy, downtown office, and reports to the VP, Research and Strategy.
To be successful in this role you will accomplish:
- Optimization and integration of EmployIndy Systems as strategically determined in partnership with the leadership of the Research and Strategy team.
- Provide a collaborative and consistent space for learning amongst and between system project managers, software engineers, software developers and relevant staff within the organization and workforce ecosystem to advance strategy and research goals of EmployIndy.
- Assist in the development of microsites as new initiatives and grants get rolled out, assuring data is properly collected while ensuring positive user experience.
- Creation of a continuous improvement plan for ongoing systems and platform development utilizing user feedback.
- Conduct routine gap analyses for specified systems to ensure alignment to EmployIndy goals and objectives as well as program and reporting requirements.
- Partner with Director, Research and Analytics and leverage knowledge of system data that allows for the architecture of system enhancements and reports.
- Ensure data field layouts are aligned to operational reporting needs.
- Develop a technical guide and assistance to all EmployIndy programs and staff related to systems and technology needs.
- Successful maintenance and administration of computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Resolution of technical problems, prevention of problem escalation, and provision of solution tracking
- Oversight of the security, workflows, maintenance and managing of users of EmployIndy Systems
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, data sharing agreements, cybersecurity standards and best practices across the organization.
- Guides the development of end user documentations, including application training manuals, job aids and workflows
- Empowerment: Management and team members trust one another to make the right decisions.
- Integrity: Staff member does what he/she has committed to doing and is true to him/herself when no one is looking.
- Innovation: Each staff member must take an active role in the process of learning, sharing, and building upon personal as well as team members' ideas.
- Customer Service: Staff members are positive, friendly, helpful, and customer-centric during communications with customers.
- Collaboration: A staff member understands that working together is what causes a company and each team to thrive.
- Inclusive: Staff members promotes a safe, welcoming, and equitable environment where fellow team members can contribute one's authentic self.
- Results-driven: Staff member drives organizational impact by taking the initiative to intentionally prioritize tasks, remove barriers, make thoughtful decisions, and produce results.
- Manage change: Be innovative, display initiative, be willing to take risks, and remain flexible and adaptable in response to a changing work and regulatory environment.
- Plan and organize work: Be able to plan and organize his/her work and the work of others. This involves the ability to analyze problems, reach decisions, make, and implement plans.
- Interface effectively with others: (Interpersonal Skills) Be able to work effectively with others. This involves oral communications, professional relationship building and teamwork.
- Achieve results: Be results oriented and able to achieve goals. This involves a motivation to achieve, an awareness of the business of EmployIndy, a willingness to learn, and a strong customer focus.
- Leadership: Be able to assist other team members in the fulfillment of their duties. This involves the exercise of developed knowledge, ability to motivate others, set goals and monitor results.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred, associate degree required.
- At least three to four years of experience in systems administration, UX, etc.
- Progressive work history with increasing levels of accomplishment required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Results driven to meet the mission, vision, and goals of EmployIndy
- Proven work experience as a systems administrator, preferably dynamics, with technical expertise
- Solid knowledge of front-end design, conceptual architecture, and reporting
- Ability to provide technical, operational and user support in a timely and efficient matter
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to ensure continual growth of data availability
- Financial acumen
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of CRM, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
EmployIndy grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. EmployIndy provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts