Talent Bound Manager, CBO - EmployIndy
- EmployIndy - Talent Bound
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- benefits available through EmployIndy
Talent Bound Manager - EmployIndy
The Manager, Talent Bound is the liaison and technical assistance partner for the Talent Bound initiative to our community partners. This individual is responsible for growing the capacity of our partners to align with the structure and goals of the Talent Bound initiative. The position is located at EmployIndy and reports to the Director, Talent Bound.
To be successful in this role you will accomplish:
- Exceed annual Talent Bound metrics for opportunity youth space
- Proactive recruitment and coordination of employer partners to participate in Talent Bound activities
- Frequent collaboration with internal teams to provide assessment and recommendations for work-based learning in the opportunity youth network.
- Frequent presentations regarding work-based learning opportunities and best practices
- Service providers have increased their capacity and quality of work-based learning as a result of consistent and individualized guidance and implementation of best practices.
- Employers consistently receive high level seamless connection to work-based learning opportunities and are retained for future activities.
- All work-based learning activities meet a high standard of quality and compliance
- Diligent reporting and outcomes of Talent Bound initiative in the opportunity youth space
- Employer see the value of engaging with opportunity youth as part of their talent strategy
- Build a portfolio of success stories and employer champions
- Proactively recommend opportunities for process improvement, growth, and expansion of work-based learning activities.
- Empowerment: Management and team members trust one another to make the right decisions.
- Integrity: Staff member does what he/she has committed to doing and is true to him/herself when no one is looking.
- Innovation: Each staff member must take an active role in the process of learning, sharing, and building upon personal as well as team members' ideas.
- Customer Service: Staff members are positive, friendly, helpful, and customer-centric during communications with customers.
- Collaboration: A staff member understands that working together is what causes a company and each team to thrive.
- Inclusive: Staff members promotes a safe, welcoming, and equitable environment where fellow team members can contribute one's authentic self.
- Results-driven: Staff member drives organizational impact by taking the initiative to intentionally prioritize tasks, remove barriers, make thoughtful decisions, and produce results.
- Manage change: Be innovative, display initiative, be willing to take risks, and remain flexible and adaptable in response to a changing work and regulatory environment.
- Plan and organize work: Be able to plan and organize his/her work and the work of others. This involves the ability to analyze problems, reach decisions, make, and implement plans.
- Interface effectively with others: (Interpersonal Skills) Be able to work effectively with others. This involves oral communications, professional relationship building and teamwork.
- Achieve results: Be results oriented and able to achieve goals. This involves a motivation to achieve, an awareness of the business of EmployIndy, a willingness to learn, and a strong customer focus.
- Leadership: Be able to assist other team members in the fulfillment of their duties.
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary credential required, Associates Degree Preferred
- 2-3 years' experience in workforce development, human resources, youth services, career coaching or related
- 2-3 years' experience with Department of Labor funded programs
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Progressive work history with increasing levels of accomplishment required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Results driven to meet the mission, vision, and goals of EmployIndy
- Knowledge of CRM, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to adjust approach to the unique needs of our partners and those they serve.
- Relationship development and management skills
- Project management and contract management skills
- Knowledge of grant funding and workforce development programming
EmployIndy grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. EmployIndy provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.