Associate Director, Good Wages Initiative
- EmployIndy - Talent Solutions
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full package of benefits
EmployIndy guides the local workforce ecosystem and makes strategic investments to remove barriers to quality employment for underserved and underrepresented residents. The vision for EmployIndy is clear: for all Marion County residents to have access to services and training necessary to secure a livable wage and grow in a career that meets employer demand for talent.
The Living Wage Initiative strives to increase the number of employers paying a living wage to their employees. Through a consulting and certification process, the Associate Director, Living Wage Initiative will lead stakeholder and employer engagement as the Living Wage certification is built and deployed. The individual will also lead the daily operations of the initiative including budget, reporting, dashboards and outcomes. The individual will lead the operations with EmployIndy.
To be successful in this role you will accomplish
• Build relationships with employers, enlisting them and assisting them through the certification process
• Build brand awareness and recognition for the Living Wage Initiative among the business community and general public
• Successfully fulfill the goals of the Living Wage Initiative
• Develop teams of community volunteers to assist with multiple elements of the project
• Support and engage the Living Wage Initiative Steering Committee and volunteers
• Support fundraising for the initiative
• Empowerment: Management and team members trust one another to make the right decisions.
• Integrity: Staff member does what he/she has committed to doing and is true to him/herself when no one is looking.
• Innovation: Each staff member must take an active role in the process of learning, sharing, and building upon personal as well as team members' ideas.
• Customer Service: Staff members are positive, friendly, helpful, and customer-centric during communications with customers.
• Collaboration: A staff member understands that working together is what causes a company and each team to thrive.
• Inclusive: Staff members promotes a safe, welcoming, and equitable environment where fellow team members can contribute one's authentic self.
• Results-driven: Staff member drives organizational impact by taking the initiative to intentionally prioritize tasks, remove barriers, make thoughtful decisions, and produce results.
• Manage change: Be innovative, display initiative, be willing to take risks, and remain flexible and adaptable in response to a changing work and regulatory environment.
• Plan and organize work: Be able to plan and organize his/her work and the work of others. This involves the ability to analyze problems, reach decisions, make, and implement plans.
• Interface effectively with others: (Interpersonal Skills) Be able to work effectively with others. This involves oral communications, professional relationship building and teamwork.
• Achieve results: Be results oriented and able to achieve goals. This involves a motivation to achieve, an awareness of the business of EmployIndy, a willingness to learn, and a strong customer focus.
• Leadership: Be able to assist other team members in the fulfillment of their duties. This involves the exercise of developed knowledge, ability to motivate others, set goals and monitor results.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree preferred, Associate degree required. Significant experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• 3-4 years of experience in sales and in non-profit management
• Knowledge of business leadership and operations
• Demonstrated track record of success in developing a new initiative and achieving ambitious outcomes
• Progressive work history with increasing levels of accomplishment required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Results-driven to meet the mission, vision, and goals of EmployIndy
• Self-starter who can delegate work and ensure quality
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Track record of successfully leading and working collaboratively within a team.
• Ability to ethically handle confidential information.
• Knowledge of CRM, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite systems
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts