Grants and Contracts Manager
- EmployIndy - Accounting & Administration
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Grants & Contract Manager position will be responsible for the development, maintenance, tracking, and monitoring of grants and contracts for subrecipients and vendors. This position will be responsible for managing files with high level of details to assure technical accuracy and compliance with state, federal, and other grantor requirements. This position will be responsible for all billing and monitoring for subrecipients for contracts that adhere to the grant. This position will be located at EmployIndy Downtown Office and report to the Associate Director, Grants & Contracts.
To be successful in this role you will accomplish:
• Developing and managing sub grantee contracts including post-award activities, such as requests for additional funding; requests for extension of the period of performance; and monthly payment processing.
• Monitoring organization's sub grantee financial activity based on accrued expenditure reports received monthly
• Creating and providing monthly initiative financial reports to program managers and directors
• Collaborating and coordinating internally with Program and Performance Improvement teams to analyze performance metrics of various programs and compile monthly reports
• Performing desktop monitoring and reviews of assigned sub grant recipients
• Performing follow-up on internal and external sub-grantee findings after initial review
• Analyzing and documenting all relevant observations which both compliment and question the efficiency of grant spending and project development under the assigned grants
• Monitoring policies and procedures for analysis and evaluation of entities receiving fiscal awards to ensure compliance and adherence to awarded contracts
• Manage change: Be innovative, display initiative, be willing to take risks, and remain flexible and adaptable in response to a changing work and regulatory environment.
• Plan and organize work: Be able to plan and organize his/her work and the work of others. This involves the ability to analyze problems, reach decisions, make, and implement plans.
• Interface effectively with others: (Interpersonal Skills) Be able to work effectively with others. This involves oral communications, professional relationship building and teamwork.
• Achieve results: Be results oriented and able to achieve goals. This involves a motivation to achieve, an awareness of the business of EmployIndy, a willingness to learn, and a strong customer focus.
• Leadership: Be able to assist other team members in the fulfillment of their duties. This involves the exercise of developed knowledge, ability to motivate others, set goals and monitor results.
Education and Experience:
• Post-secondary credential required; Associates degree preferred.
• Two to Three years or more business management, accounting, and/or administration related experience preferred
• Previous monitoring and project management experience preferred
• Progressive work history with increasing levels of accomplishment required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Results driven to meet the mission, vision, and goals of EmployIndy
• Knowledge of CRM, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite systems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge and experience with Blackbaud Accounting software preferred
• Ability to analyze data and reach sound conclusions, work under time pressure, and meet deadlines
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Knowledge of fund accounting, Uniform Grant Guidance, GAAP and Internal Revenue Circulars preferred
EmployIndy grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. EmployIndy provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts