Business Development Manager WIOA
- EmployIndy - Business Partnerships
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
EmployIndy guides the local workforce ecosystem and makes strategic investments to remove barriers to quality employment for underserved and underrepresented residents. The vision for EmployIndy is clear: for all Marion County residents to have access to services and training necessary to secure a livable wage and grow in a career that meets employer demand for talent.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for prospecting, developing, and executing new employer partnerships agreements on behalf of EmployIndy to meet the needs of our programs and initiatives.
This position will be located at EmployIndy and report to the Associate Director of Business Partnerships.
To be successful in this role you will accomplish:
• Proactively target, outreach, and prospect new employer partners that align with the job seeker pool at WorkOne.
• Assist businesses with Indiana Career Connect registration and profile management.
• Effectively communicate the value of EmployIndy and WorkOne as a key strategic partner to prospective Indianapolis employers.
• Successfully secure employer commitments and agreements with businesses who align with the mission and vision of EmployIndy.
• Actively formalize and execute partnership agreements with new employer partners.
• Diligently document employer interactions, communications, and outcomes
• Meet and exceed individual metrics
• Empowerment: Management and team members trust one another to make the right decisions.
• Integrity: Staff member does what he/she has committed to doing and is true to him/herself when no one is looking.
• Innovation: Each staff member must take an active role in the process of learning, sharing, and building upon personal as well as team members' ideas.
• Customer Service: Staff members are positive, friendly, helpful, and customer-centric during communications with customers.
• Collaboration: A staff member understands that working together is what causes a company and each team to thrive.
• Inclusive: Staff members promotes a safe, welcoming, and equitable environment where fellow team members can contribute one's authentic self.
• Results-driven: Staff member drives organizational impact by taking the initiative to intentionally prioritize tasks, remove barriers, make thoughtful decisions, and produce results.
• Manage change: Be innovative, display initiative, be willing to take risks, and remain flexible and adaptable in response to a changing work and regulatory environment.
• Plan and organize work: Be able to plan and organize his/her work and the work of others. This involves the ability to analyze problems, reach decisions, make, and implement plans.
• Interface effectively with others: (Interpersonal Skills) Be able to work effectively with others. This involves oral communications, professional relationship building and teamwork.
• Achieve results: Be results oriented and able to achieve goals. This involves a motivation to achieve, an awareness of the business of EmployIndy, a willingness to learn, and a strong customer focus.
• Leadership: Be able to assist other team members in the fulfillment of their duties.
Education and Experience:
• Post-Secondary credential required; Associates Degree preferred
• 2 years of business development or sales experience
• Experience selling services or intangibles preferred
• Experience in workforce development economic development or related industry preferred
• Progressive work history with increasing levels of accomplishment required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Results driven to meet the mission, vision, and goals of EmployIndy
• Knowledge of CRM, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite systems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including customizing pitches
• Knowledge of career pathways, talent strategies, workforce development and/or economic development highly desired
• Knowledge of sales cycles and revenue cycles
• Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation to meet with partners at their locations
EmployIndy grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, disability, age, national origin, military service obligations, veteran status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law. EmployIndy provides equal opportunity in wages, promotions, benefits, and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts