Project Indy Coordinator
- EmployIndy - K-12
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Project Indy Coordinator is a full-time position responsible for supporting the Project Indy Initiative. Project Indy is a youth jobs initiative comprised of a network of community organizations, employers, and corporate partners who are providing job opportunities, soft-skill development and job-readiness training to in-school and out-of-school youth in Marion County. The initiative supports young adults looking for summer jobs, full-time employment, and anything in between.
This position is responsible for helping plan, coordinate, and implement activities focused on the promotion and recruitment of young adults ages 16-24 years of age to register at www.projecindy.net. In addition, this person will help coordinate resources and personnel for school fairs, community events, speaking engagements, and other events to support the Project Indy Initiative as well as work behind the scenes on the Project Indy portal to communicate with registrants when needed. This position will be located at EmployIndy and report to the Vice President, K-12.
To be successful in this role you will accomplish:
• Support the Vice President, K-12 on Project Indy outreach, recruitment, and promotion
• Help manage grants and reports associated with Project Indy projects
• Provide support to Project Indy service providers in reaching initiative goals
• Recruit young adults for Project Indy in coordination with EmployIndy staff at job fairs, career fairs, school events
• Coordination of personnel and materials for events, including executive staff speaking engagements
• Work collaboratively with the Mayor's Office on recruiting young adults to register on the portal including but not limited to the Project Indy Annual Summer Hiring Kickoff, Summer Job Sundays and Hire a Youth Week
• Monitor registrants accounts on the Project Indy portal
• Logging data/information of events and stakeholders into spreadsheets, AirTable, CRM or Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) Database
• Assist Vice President, K-12 with annual Project Indy employer survey and annual Thrive Indianapolis green jobs survey
• Manage change: Be innovative, display initiative, be willing to take risks, and remain flexible and adaptable in response to a changing work and regulatory environment.
• Plan and organize work: Be able to plan and organize his/her work and the work of others. This involves the ability to analyze problems, reach decisions, make and implement plans.
• Interface effectively with others: (Interpersonal Skills) Be able to work effectively with others. This involves oral communications, professional relationship building and teamwork.
• Achieve results: Be results oriented and able to achieve goals. This involves a motivation to achieve, an awareness of the business of EmployIndy, a willingness to learn, and a strong customer focus.
• Leadership: Be able to assist other team members in the fulfillment of their duties.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor or Associates Degree preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in program management, counseling, education, human services, alternative education, or related field accepted.
• One to two (2) years of relevant experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Results driven to meet the mission, vision, and goals of EmployIndy
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with particular emphasis on communicating effectively with federal grant officers, partners, service providers, vendors, and customers.
• Strong commitment to ensuring participants' success in an innovative training program which will lead to self-sufficiency and employment within a high demand career.
• Exceptional organizational skills scheduling and calendars
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Google Docs
• Comfort with social media and experience of social media use in a professional setting
• Ability to effectively present information with internal and external stakeholders
Additionally, please be on the lookout for an email to complete a Predictive Index Assessment. Be sure to look in both your Inbox and Spam folder and complete as soon as possible. Please confirm upon completion. It is important the hiring manager have to review prior to your initial phone screen/interview. This tool is used to gain insight of your innate/preferred working style.