- EmployIndy - Accounting & Administration
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Contract Specialist position will be responsible for the development, maintenance, tracking, and monitoring of contracts for subrecipients and vendors. This position will be responsible for managing files with high level of details to assure technical accuracy and compliance with state, federal, and other grantor requirements. This position will be responsible for all billing and grant compliance monitoring for subrecipient contracts.
This position will be located at EmployIndy Downtown Office and report to the Associate Director, Grants & Contracts.
To be successful in this role you will accomplish:
• Developing and managing sub grantee contracts including post-award activities, such as requests for additional funding; requests for extension of the period of performance; and monthly payment processing.
• Monitoring organization's sub grantee financial activity based on monthly accrued expenditure reports.
• Maintain sub grantee financial dashboards.
• Creating and providing monthly financial reports to program managers and directors.
• Collaborating and coordinating internally with Program and Performance Improvement teams to analyze performance metrics of various programs and compile monthly reports.
• Performing desktop monitoring and reviews of assigned sub grant recipients.
• Performing follow-up on internal and external sub-grantee findings after initial review.
• Analyzing and documenting all relevant observations which both compliment and question the efficiency of grant spending and project development under the assigned grants.
• Monitoring policies and procedures for analysis and evaluation of entities receiving fiscal awards to ensure compliance and adherence to awarded contracts.
• Participating in request for proposals and request for quotes review committees.
• Manage change: Be innovative, display initiative, be willing to take risks, and remain flexible and adaptable in response to a changing work and regulatory environment.
• Plan and organize work: Be able to plan and organize his/her work and the work of others. This involves the ability to analyze problems, reach decisions, make, and implement plans.
• Interface effectively with others: (Interpersonal Skills) Be able to work effectively with others. This involves oral communications, professional relationship building and teamwork.
• Achieve results: Be results oriented and able to achieve goals. This involves a motivation to achieve, an awareness of the business of EmployIndy, a willingness to learn, and a strong customer focus.
• Leadership: Be able to assist other team members in the fulfillment of their duties. This involves the exercise of developed knowledge, ability to motivate others, set goals and monitor results.
• Critical thinking and problem solving: Be able to exercise sound reasoning and analytical thinking. Use knowledge, facts and data to solve problems and make decisions.
Education and Experience:
• Post-secondary credential required; Associates degree preferred.
• Two to three years or more business management, accounting, and/or administration related experience preferred
• Previous monitoring and project management experience preferred
• Progressive work history with increasing levels of accomplishment required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Results driven to meet the mission, vision, and goals of EmployIndy
• Knowledge of CRM, Google Suite, and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite systems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Knowledge and experience with accounting software preferred
• Ability to analyze data and reach sound conclusions, work under time pressure, and meet deadlines
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Knowledge of fund accounting, Uniform Grant Guidance, GAAP and Internal Revenue Circulars preferred
Additionally, please be on the lookout or an email to complete a Predictive Index Assessment. Be sure to look in both your Inbox and Spam folder and complete as soon as possible. Please confirm upon completion. It is import the hiring manager have to review prior to your initial phone screen/interview. This tool is used to gain insight of your innate/preferred working style.