- EmployIndy - Accounting & Administration
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full package of benefits
The Payroll Specialist position will be responsible for preparing and maintaining accurate records and reports of payroll transactions, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws, as well as, completing accounting entries for every human resource affiliated entity.
This position will be located at EmployIndy Downtown Office and report to the Senior Director, Operations.
To be successful in this role you will accomplish:
• Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
• Perform administration of benefits associated with payroll such as life and health insurance premium, and pension plans; and sustain other voluntary salary arrangements and deductions.
• Perform account balance and payroll reconciliations.
• Partner effectively with HR, Finance, and other functions to prepare financial reports for accounting and auditing purposes.
• Prepare and conduct training for new employees and as needed for new systems or additional features within the Paylocity payroll software.
• Research and resolve employee payroll and benefits questions while providing excellent customer service by responding in a courteous and timely manner.
• Assist with updating of account codes within payroll software.
• Perform other duties and projects as requested.
Education and Experience:
• Associates degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
• At least three to five years of related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Extensive knowledge of payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
• Proficient with Paylocity payroll software.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Ability to respond in a professional and courteous manner in response to payroll related questions.
• Ability to organize and prioritize time sensitive daily activities.
• Ability to keep personal information (i.e., employee garnishments, child support, etc.) confidential.
Additionally, please be on the lookout for an email to complete a Predictive Index Assessment. Be sure to look in both your Inbox and Spam folder. Complete as soon as possible and confirm upon completion. It is important the hiring manager have to review the results prior to your initial phone screen/interview. This tool is used to gain insight of your innate/preferred working style.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts