- EmployIndy - Accounting & Administration
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full package of benefits
The Staff Accountant position will be responsible for accounting activities including banking, internal/external reporting, processing payroll and benefits, auditing support, compliance, month end close, and special projects.
This position will be located at EmployIndy Downtown Office and report to the Controller.
To be successful in this role you will accomplish:
• Manage all data entry of general ledger, cash management, account reconciliation, payroll processing, and processing of accounts receivable and payable.
• Perform general accounting functions which include general ledger, fixed assets, budgeting, monthly balance sheets, income statements and cost accounting.
• Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, bank statements, employer's benefit costs, accruals, prepaid expenses, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
• Verifies payment of invoices are allocated to the appropriate fund accounts.
• Perform other duties and projects as requested.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
• At least two years of related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience working in nonprofit accounting, including experience in grant and contract management, and reporting financial data for multiple grant funders preferred.
• Government and Fund accounting experience preferred
• GL accounting experience and external reporting and compliance experience.
• Payroll processing experience preferred.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to focus on details.
• Excellent communication skills.
Additionally, please be on the lookout for an email to complete a Predictive Index Assessment. Be sure to look in both your Inbox and Spam folder. Complete as soon as possible and confirm upon completion. It is important the hiring manager have time to review the results prior to your initial phone screen/interview. This tool is used to gain insight of your innate/preferred working style.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts