Project Manager ARPA
- EmployIndy - Ecosystem
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
To respond to the lingering negative impacts of the pandemic on Marion County job seekers, businesses, and neighborhoods, the City of Indianapolis awarded American Rescue Plan (ARPA) funds to EmployIndy to use toward several workforce development initiatives. This position will coordinate successful implementation of grant funds and ensure compliance with relevant city and federal guidelines.
The successful candidate will be comfortable managing multiple projects and contracts, each with separate focuses, goals, and processes. This individual will also be comfortable working across different departments and with various stakeholders in the workforce ecosystem. This position will be located at EmployIndy and will report to the Senior Director, Ecosystem Advancement.
To be successful in this role you will accomplish:
● Acts as subject matter expert for the organization on ARPA regulations to ensure compliance with grant requirements and expectations.
● Reviews and approves properly submitted reimbursement requests from vendors and subrecipients alongside respective project program managers.
● Ensures the quality of documentation submitted with all vendor reimbursement requests to prevent disallowable costs.
● Tracks spending against budgets and set benchmarks to ensure grant funds are spent down at a sustainable pace; oversees necessary budget modifications as needed to accommodate program needs.
● Works with program staff to adjust or improve performance when performance or spending is not meeting grant goals.
● Develops and submits financial and programmatic performance reports to the city at regularly set cadences.
● Assists development staff on ARPA data or narrative requests for grant reporting.
● Maintains accurate timelines for rollout, implementation, and closeout of the grant, and ensures all relevant staff are informed of deadlines.
● Monitors subrecipients regularly for compliance with grant guidelines and relevant EmployIndy policies.
● Assists policy staff with the development and revision of grant-specific policies and procedures as necessary.
Education and Experience:
● Postsecondary credential required, associate degree preferred
● 2 years of experience in grant or project management
● Progressive work history with increasing levels of accomplishment required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Results-driven to meet the mission, vision, and goals of EmployIndy.
● Ability to absorb complex and precise information quickly.
● Comfortable working in financial systems tracking multiple funding streams and contracts.
● Track record of working collaboratively within a team.
● Ability to ethically handle confidential information.
● Knowledge of CRM, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite systems
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
This is a time-limited position which runs through December 2025. Being hired for this position is not a guarantee of future employment beyond that date.
Additionally, please be on the lookout for an email to complete a Predictive Index Assessment. Be sure to look in both your Inbox and Spam folder. Complete as soon as possible and confirm upon completion. It is important the hiring manager have time to review the results prior to your initial phone screen/interview. This tool is used to gain insight of your innate/preferred working style.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts