Vice President Communications and Marketing
- EmployIndy - Communications & Marketing
- Indianapolis , IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full package of benefits
The Development and External Affairs team is responsible for fund development, communications to external audiences, oversight of the One-Stop Operator and coordination of external required partners, and advancement in the ecosystem through professional development, compliance, technical assistance, and best practice sharing via the EmployIndy Resource and Learning Hub, communities of practice, and in-person coaching and training.
The Development and External Affairs team helps EmployIndy achieve its mission and strategic goals by increasing and expanding resources and awareness to serve underrepresented residents with transformational workforce development services that advance economic mobility.
This position will be located at EmployIndy and report to the Chief Development & External Affairs Officer. The role of the Vice President, Communications & Marketing is to ensure alignment of organization and programmatic messaging with the EmployIndy Strategic Plan and institutional priorities. The primary responsibility is to lead the strategic and operational communications, marketing, and media relations for EmployIndy.
This position oversees the development of communications plans and calendars, external communications, media relations, and the execution of messaging and marketing strategies for all programs, initiatives, and partnerships. The Vice President, Communication & Marketing manages a communications team of 3-4 resources.
Responsibilities as the Vice President, Communications and Marketing include, but are not limited to:
• Utilize EmployIndy's Strategic Plan to provide comprehensive storytelling of the organization
• Curate, craft and execute a comprehensive communications calendar
• Lead the production and distribution of the Annual Report
• Update EmployIndy's digital media plan, including a redesign of the EmployIndy website, sister sites, and ongoing alignment with the EmployIndy brand
• Create and conduct a media relations strategy
• Provide ongoing evaluation and analysis for communication projects and marketing strategies based on digital analytics and insights, including campaign reports, program recaps, and program recruitment efforts.
To be successful in this role you will accomplish:
• This position oversees engagement with the media including drafting and distributing media advisories and press releases, coordinating press events, drafting talking points for speakers, pitching stories, and monitoring social and news media activity.
• This position directs all operational communications strategies and implementation to audiences including the local business community, workforce development and ecosystem partners, job seekers, youth and young adults, and educators.
• This position oversees vendor relationships to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of professional services.
• Leads and/or collaborates on large scale strategic communication projects including but not limited to the annual report, strategic launch and marketing of new programs and initiatives, and brand development and execution.
Education and Experience:
• At least 5 years of experience required
• Bachelor's Degree required; master's degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Results driven to meet the mission, vision, and goals of EmployIndy
• Knowledge of CRM, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential; Knowledge of AP Style required
• Must be able to simultaneously oversee multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
• Detail oriented
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator required
• Project management
Additionally, look for an email to complete the Predictive Index Assessment. Be sure to look in both your Inbox and Spam folder. Complete as soon as possible and confirm upon completion. It is important the hiring manager have time to review the results prior to your initial phone screen/interview. This tool is used to gain insight of your innate/preferred working style.