Manager, Youth Apprenticeships
- EmployIndy - Talent Bound
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Manager, Youth Apprenticeships role is critical to the success and sustainability of the Youth Apprenticeship initiative. The Manager focuses on the success and retention of employer partners and youth involved in the multi-year comprehensive work-based learning opportunities. The Manager will provide high quality services to employer partners while understanding the needs of apprentices and education partners. The Manager will participate and manage multiple functions throughout the life cycle of the youth apprenticeship initiative to ensure great experiences for all partners and individuals involved in youth apprenticeship. This position will be located downtown at EmployIndy and report to the Associate Director, Apprenticeships.
- Serve as primary point of contact for employer partners and apprentices for coaching, technical assistance, problem solving and customer service throughout the duration of the youth apprenticeship.
- Engage parents and students in an effort to recruit students into apprenticeship opportunities.
- Participate in various activities and events for interviewing and selecting apprentices.
- Facilitate bootcamp events focused on employer and apprentice readiness.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance and coaching to designated employer partners and apprentices throughout the duration of youth apprenticeship opportunities.
- Retention of employer partners for new apprenticeship opportunities.
- Thoroughly document all interactions and services provided to employers and apprentices.
- Proactively collect success stories of employers and apprentices.
- Provide ongoing feedback on process improvement, tools, systems, and structures.
Education and Experience
- Preference to those with experience in service delivery, human resources, staffing, and program management.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Required experience working with students in an education, support service, or related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with youth or adults. Preference to those experienced with working with youth of adults who are low-income, first generation, or from diverse communities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate ability and self-motivation to perform reliably in complex and unsupervised environment.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers or members of the business community.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in post-secondary education and knowledge of issues affecting their success.
- Familiarity with social and emotional student development activities and positive youth development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- High initiative, creative and ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Evidence of computer literacy.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, and time management skills required.
- Background with CRM systems.
- Requires reliable transportation to support onsite visits at company locations.
- Ability to work outside of normal work hours for events and meetings as needed.
Additionally, look for an email to complete the Predictive Index Assessment. Be sure to look in both your Inbox and Spam folder. Complete as soon as possible and confirm upon completion. It is important the hiring manager have time to review the results prior to your initial phone screen/interview. This tool is used to gain insight of your innate/preferred working style
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts